Creating Multisensory Environments
Practical Ideas for Teaching and Learning
By Christopher Davies
Multi-sensory environments in the classroom provide a wealth of stimulating learning experiences for all young children whose senses are still under development.
Creating Multisensory Environments: Practical Ideas for Teaching and Learning is a highly practical guide to low-cost, easy to assemble multi-sensory environments. With a step-by-step guide to each activity, these creative learning environments focus on multi-sensory experiences and:
- are designed to stimulate all the sensory channels – auditory, visual, kinaesthetic, olfactory and gustatory
- include suggestions for extension or differentation depending on the abilities of your pupils, or the time available
- encourage creative thinking and learning, and development of social and emotional skills
- feature clear learning outcomes, linking with P-Scales for children with special education needs
- can be set up in your classroom or school hall in just a matter of minutes or be a semi-permanent feature in a small area of the classroom, convenient for use at any given moment.
“This book offers a whole new world of sensory experience for all students. The author, Christopher Davies, fully appreciates the time demands on school staff. His instructions are meticulous and detailed – offering total solutions for busy teachers to create stimulating learning environments. Be prepared to be ‘wowed’. Lorraine Petersen, CEO of NASEN
“As an experienced teacher still working in the classroom after twenty years I know I will use this book.” John Naylor, Advanced Skills Teacher, Yeoman Park School.
“This book provides a treasure chest of ways to motivate and engage children and the adults working with them. It is accessible to anyone and with a minimum of resources can be used to create memorable learning environments and magical moments. Be prepared to be inspired and re-energised!” Isobel Dearman, Deputy Headteacher, Hillcrest School
SECTION ONE. Getting Started
- Structures for Creating Spaces
- Defining The Space
1 Musical Forest
2 Story Telling Sari Tent
3 Undersea World
4 Rain Forest Jungle
5 Clothes rail screens
6 The Laundry
8 Projection Screen
10 Newsprint as Floor Covering
11 Pile of Paper – Hidden Gems
12 Trenches WW1
13 The Snow Queen’s Castle
14 The Cave
15 Home on the Street
16 The Umbrella Canopy and Tent
17 Rotary Washing Line
18 The Garden Pond
19 Bomb Site – World War II
20 Woodland Floor
21 Herb Garden
22 Circle of Straw Bales
23 Border Crossing
The Bamboozle Money Back Guarantee
Complete Satisfaction or 100% of Your Money Back.
So that you can buy this product with complete confidence I am offering you the Bamboozle Guarantee. If after receiving your order you are not completely satisfied with the information contained then return it in saleable condition and we will return 100% of your money – no questions asked.